Finding the best organ VST sounds is something that I have been actively doing for the past few years now. If you have ever played on keyboards growing up, you probably noticed that a lot of the organ sounds aren’t very realistic sounding.
The reason why I like to use an organ VST is that they give you so many different options when it comes to tweaking your organ sounds and they sound very realistic.
The Use Of Organ VST’s For Church
If you are playing in a church band then you are definitely going to want some lush sounding organs for worship. A lot of music that you play in the church will be played on organs and rather than using a cheaper keyboard with organ sounds, you could get a MIDI controller and download some awesome sounding VST’s. If you play in a church, check out my favorite wireless microphones.
Why Use An Organ VST Rather Than Just A Keyboards Organ Sounds?
I like to use VST’s because they give you so much more control of your sounds. A lot of the nice ones come with amp simulators that really let you test the waters and dial in your organ sounds the way that you want them to sound. I personally prefer MIDI controllers over keyboards just because you have unlimited sounds.
What Kind Of Music Are Organs Used In Typically?
Organs are used all over the music spectrum from jazz all the way to heavy metal and pop. The organ is a very versatile instrument because it can invoke so many different emotions that fit well with all styles of music. For example, the main part of the Coldplay song “Fix You” is an organ and that sets the stage for the entire song. This is one of my favorite examples just because it sets the song up so beautifully.
Steinberg Halion 6 Product Review
The Steinberg Halion 6 is a plugin that was designed to have the best possible acoustic sounds sampled. This is an impressive organ VST, however with the rapid growth of VST’s, I don’t think this is on the level of some of the ones out there right now. The organ sounds are pretty good in this sample pack, however, we will look at another sample pack that gives you a lot of flexibility as well.
Steinberg Halion 6 Sound Manipulation
Something I really like with this is how much you are able to shape the sounds you’re working with. There are a lot of great VST’s out there, but some of them don’t give you the ability to tweak the way the Halion 6 does. If you are producing film scores, this is a great one to work with as a lot of the sounds are very natural sounding and produce great atmospheric sounds.
- State of the art sampler created for the adventurous musician
- The library includes over 3,400 sounds
- Powerful multi-timbral audio engine with disk-streaming sample playback, tone-wheel organ simulator and high-end virtual analog, granular and wavetable synthesis
- Huge-range of high-end audio effects including reverb and VST amp simulators
- Advanced library creation tools including Macro Page Designer, drag-and-drop Library Creator, and HALion scripting
Overall Thoughts On Steinberg Halion 6
Overall, I think this is a very solid product that gives the musician a lot of tweaking abilities. However, for the price, I want to introduce you to Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2
- Omnisphere 2
- Omnisphere is among the elite virtual synthesizer programs for producers, composers, and sound designers; and if you think this monster power synth couldnt get any better, youve just been proven wrong
- Introducing Omnisphere 2
- 0, the first v2
- 0 of any Spectrasonics instrument and it is truly gigantic! With Omnisphere 2
Omnisphere 2 is hands down one of the best organ VST’s currently on the market and this includes being used for straight up organ sounds. I have personally always loved this plugin because it gives you so many different acoustic samples that sound top-notch. I would bet that most modern producers have Omnisphere 2 for the reason of being able to have so many different sounds at your fingertips.
The organs in Omnisphere 2 are top-notch and you can also pick between different amp simulators as well. The reason why I lean towards Omnisphere 2 for organs is that I tend to lean towards Omnisphere a lot for many different acoustic instruments. You can create a beautiful ambiance with this plugin in the organs by tweaking them to your liking.
- Includes over 12,000 sounds
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator
- Sound-source Reversing
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Sound-sources
- Built-in arpeggiator
- Brand new interface for ease of use
Overall, my favorite organ VST is Omnisphere 2. This is a software that you will get beautiful organs out of, but you will also get a gigantic selection of synths as well. The synths on the are some of the best available currently and Spectrasonics is constantly upping their game each year. If you are looking for the best sounding organs available than we suggest you go with Omnisphere 2.