Table of Contents
Today we are going to be taking a look at the best free Nexus presets & Nexus expansions that all producers can use.
There was a time where I was searching for a bunch of different free software, so I know the struggle.
With this being said, some free Nexus preset packs are surprisingly great and they can really impact your productions.
One of my favorite places for finding Nexus samples & presets is Producer Spot. You can find some awesome sample packs that include
Nexus packs at the link below. Another place is Plugin Boutique, which also has some great free VST software outside of Nexus.
I have collected in total over 35,000 different presets for Nexus in total and the list is growing.
I would like to note that these are not cracked software, rather just free Nexus presets that producers made out of kindness.
Note: Always be safe when downloading free plugins onto your computer. Never download anything that seems fishy.
If you are producing music without a MIDI keyboard, I strongly recommend checking out our guide to some solid MIDI controllers under $100. I put this together and thought it would be perfect to include it as you can use them with Nexus presets.
Free Nexus Presets/Expansion Packs
Here is a list of all the current free Nexus presets and expansion packs that are still working & are compatible today.
I weeded out older options that no longer are available so that you don’t have to. Some are made from Nexus & some are made from Nexus 2.
Note: I recommend that you have a reasonably faster PC or laptop when mass downloading presets. If not, an external hard drive is a must. Some of these presets can get pretty large in size.
My friends from Wavgrind recently reached out and I took a look at what they have available. I would highly recommend checking out their sample packs here.
- REFX Nexus Presets – Over 30,000 presets for Nexus. These cover everything from EDM, dubstep, Hardwell, DNB, Tropical House, to trap rap. The creator of these has given you every preset that he has. These are currently my favorite nexus presets available.
- Wrecks Trap – 131 free trap presets perfect for producers on a budget.
- Holy Trap Mary – 193 free trap presets for Nexus 2 & 492 drum samples for Nexus 2. These presets are fresh & can be heard all over current trap productions.
- Nice Keys Nexus Expansion – These are some beautiful piano presets for Nexus that work for all genres of music. It includes 34 total patches.
- Gold Bricks Expansion – Over 100 free presets that are in the trap realm.
- Producers Plug – Free presets given to you upon signing up for their email list. These are meant for hip hop & R&B. Overall, some great patches.
- The Trap Kid – 97 free presets for trap & house music. Overall, some pretty great presets in this pack.
- Young Chop Nexus presets – 9 free trap presets for Nexus, including pianos/bells & pads. These fit well for modern productions.
- Big Orchestra Nexus – 30 free orchestral presets for Nexus. There are some great trumpets & horns mixed with some bells in these presets.
- Nexus 6 SFX – These are some patches created with a drum machine. Most of these Nexus presets are percussive, but there are also a few pads as well.
- Free WAVLAND Nexus Presets – 50 free trap sounds designed to enhance your latest new fire track.
- Nexus Trap Pianos – 50 plus piano sounds for nexus. These are pianos designed for trap sounds.
- Official Track Mackaz – 12 free Nexus Presets
- Halloween trap Nexus Presets – 12 free spooky presets
- EDMsoundware – Incredible site for presets
There was a time there when Nexus was the biggest ROM synthesizer available. It was all over EDM & pop productions and it even made its way into indie productions.
My band actually used a ton of Nexus presets on our first album, Electrogram, and it had a really unique sound for indie rock music.
If you’re a producer who loves warm pad VSTs and EDM sounds, you will most likely enjoy Nexus.
This being said, here are the requirements to Nexus.
- Compatible DAW
- 2 GB of RAM (I recommended 4GB or more)
- Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Nexus is compatible with the following DAWs below.
DAWs that can run Nexus
- Ableton Live
- Logic 6 or later
- Garageband 4 or later
- Sonar 6 or later
- Reaper 2 or later
- Pro Tools 7.3 or later
- FL Studio 3.1 or later
- Digital Performer 4.1 or later
- Renoise 2 or later
- ACID Pro 6 or later
- Cubase SX1 or later
- Nuendo 1.0 or later
- Orion 5 or later
- NI Maschine 1.6 or later
- Studio One
Here is a detailed video describing how you install Nexus properly.
Installing Nexus is rather easy considering you have the requirements for it. I recommend double-checking that you meet the requirements and that you also have enough space on your laptop.
This will be helpful when it comes to installing extra nexus expansions as well.
Always assume caution when downloading anything to your PC from random forums.
I would recommend making sure that you purchase Nexus as well & don’t use cracked software. You can have a lot of problems aside from it being illegal.
Free Nexus presets also may not work with out of date cracked software.
I hope you found some great Nexus presets and you are ready to start making some fire tracks. Let me know below any free presets I might’ve missed!
Before heading out, if you’re in the market for free plugins, be sure to check out our list on the best free piano software.
Be sure to share these Nexus presets on music forums and anywhere else that you think it will help fellow producers & musicians.
Can you upload the nexus expansions again? If not dm me or send them directly via email fam.
Newbie in need of Nexus expansions bad…
Hope you find some great ones here! There are a ton of nexus expansions on the list
You’re the goat for this one. Much appreciation bro.
Work the presets only with fl?
nice post full software latest work
Just got Nexis really in need of EXP will be much appreciated