With the growth of MIDI controllers in modern music, musicians are using laptops more often for gigs. This is the main reason that there is now more of a demand for a laptop stand for musicians. DJ’s or keyboard players can use out of these. Or simply, the guy in the band who runs the tracks for the band, often the drummer.
New and improved model
Quik-Lok Music Stand (LPH-004)
The Quik-Lok music stand just came out and it is fantastic. They made some modifications and nailed it with the LPH-004 This is the most popular stand for singer-songwriters and DJ’s.
Musicians need a laptop stand or a keyboard stand with a laptop attachment so they have a safe place for their computer. When plugging USB cables into your laptop from your keyboards, I recommend taping them with gaff tape to your device so they can’t get ripped out easily.
Best Laptop Stands For Keyboard Players – A Quick Glance
I personally like this option as it's cheap, yet still quality.
My personal favorite as you can easily place this to the side of the stage. It's very durable and stable as well.
What Is A Laptop Stand For Musicians?
Laptop stands are stands that musicians can put next to their keyboards or they are keyboard stands with laptop holders. It is important for bands to properly protect their laptops as the environment on stages is usually not the best for equipment. Laptops are needed for musicians who are using a MIDI controller on stage.
We recommend something that has adjustable height so the musician can access their computer easier.
[divider style=”single” border=”large” color=”#1e73be”]
Things You Should Consider
When buying a stand for on-stage, you want to make sure that your computer fits on the stand or attachment you purchase.
The height of your stand is important. You want to be able to access your computer with ease so it is important that you don’t have it super low to the ground.
Ease Of Setting Up:
If you’re a touring musician, you want to have something for on-stage that is easy to set up and tear down every night. This is why I recommend a keyboard stand with a laptop holder built-in, you kill two birds with one stone. Also, if you have problems with your laptop it is much easier to fix if you don’t have to walk to your laptop.
These will work with any keyboard, no matter the brand. If you’re using more expensive brands like Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Nord or maybe Apple, I would definitely recommend you get a nice product to protect your investments.
Laptops are very expensive, you want to make sure that your investment is secure every night when you’re on stage. Worrying about your computer is not a fun feeling when you’re trying to concentrate on the show you’re playing.
That being said, let’s get into the reviews.
[divider style=”single” border=”large” color=”#1e73be”]
Best Laptop Stands For Musicians
Double Piano Keyboard By Griffin
- JAM LIKE A ROCK STAR: Hold your keyboard or mixing desk and laptop firmly in place and get ready for some home music recording, studio work or live gigs. Extremely durable and versatile, this double studio mixer stand will easily hold a wide range of music equipment, such as large format piano keyboards, DJ coffins, heavy duty speakers, turntables, digital mixers, computer laptops, DJ disc players or anything else you choose.
- ADJUST HEIGHT, DEPTH AND ANGLE: This double keyboard studio stand allows you to adjust the height and depth of both tiers, as well as the width and angle of the upper tier independently, according to your needs. Bottom rack: From 24" to 33.5" in height, 17" to 27" in depth and 29" to 45" in width. Upper tier: From 8.5" to 13.5" in height and tilt from fully horizontal to nearly vertical position. The legs will conveniently swivel inward or outward to fit most sizes of audio or music gear.
- PACK IT UP AND GO: Need to transport your double piano keyboard and laptop stand? No problem. Despite its sturdy, heavy duty construction, this dual DJ turntable stand boasts a highly portable design that is easy to fold down to a compact T shape for effortless transport and space-saving storage. The rugged rubber feet on the bottom tier and its welded construction ensure maximum stability and anti-slip protection for your equipment.
- GET THE BEST PRICE ON THE MARKET: If you're looking for a top quality, double piano keyboard mixer stand at the lowest price possible that will still deliver outstanding performance for years to come, then you need look no further. This Griffin dual mixer rack comes with an unbeatable price tag that you won't find anywhere else on the market!
- BUY WITH PEACE OF MIND: Buy with confidence knowing that this high quality, portable double keyboard stand is backed by a complete piece of mind 1 Year full factory warranty which included with all new purchases.
This stand by Griffin is unique being that there aren’t really any of these on the market. This is very surprising and we expect to see more keyboard stands with built-in laptop attachments in the future. A nice feature with this stand is that it is extremely adjustable for pianists. You can adjust the height and depth on both of the tiers of this stand.
This is definitely a bigger product and it is a little more on the heavy end at 24 pounds, but it is durable and can hold up to 300 pounds.
Quik Lok LPH-003
- Portable tripod laptop stand and MacBook stand
- Stand up desk
- Fully adjustable: adjustable height, 360 swivel tray, adjustable tilt, and pull-out mouse tray.
- Folds up for easy storage and transport
- 360 degree swivel tray with adjustable tilt allows for ideal positioning of your laptop.
The Quik Lok LPH-003 is constructed completely with steel and it comes with four adjustable stoppers for your computer on stage. This is extremely adjustable in height and it swivels at 360 degrees for your ideal laptop positioning. I like that it is light-weight making it easy to bring with on tour.
- Adjustable, reversible 1.5mm steel Utility tray with adhesive EVA rubber pads
- Tray surface measures 19.25" x 15.75" with 1" flanged edges
- Perfect for laptops, projectors, production samplers, drum pad controllers, sheet music, small to Medium keyboard controllers and more
- MOUNTING brackets for 100x100 vesa mounting for small monitors
- Min/max height 36" - 48" - 45lb weight capacity
The Gator Frameworks-UTL is a great product for on stage that can fit some of the biggest laptops. The tray surface measures 19.25″ x 15.75″ with 1″ flanged edges. It is constructed from steel and it comes with EVA rubber pads. This is a great stand for musicians in general.
Hola! Music HPS-300B
- Heavy-duty steel construction for both professionals and home users. Weighs ~ 11 pounds!
- Holds most laptops/notebooks and other DJ audio equipment.
- Plate measures 15.5 by 11.5 inch with raised support lip on front and back. The plate has open sides to allow placement of wide equipment.
- Height can be adjusted between 33 and 53 inch. Safety metal pin allows placement of heavy equipment.
- Don't miss!! Full description, images and specifications down the page. Hola! Music guarantees quality and affordability. Hola! - Say Hello to Music!
This product for on stage is constructed from steel and it fits most laptops. The plate measures 15.5 by 11.5 inch with a raised support lip on front and back of it. Hola! made a quality product and the sturdiness of this is one of its best features.
- Heavy duty laptop stand with tripod base
- Silicon surface holds laptop securely in place
- Tilt control on laptop surface for optimal viewing
- Roadworthy steel construction
- Adjustable up to 4.5' in height
Samson is a brand that is usually on the lower end of the spectrum, however, this is a quality product that has a silicone surface to hold your laptop in place securely. The LTS50 is lighter than most other products, but it is still constructed from steel.
Using A Laptop With MIDI Controllers Live
If you are using your laptop with a MIDI controller live, I recommend taping using gaff tape to tape your USB and power cords to your device. This will prevent your USB cable from easily getting ripped out while on stage.
Who Needs A laptop Stand?
I would recommend a laptop stand for any musician who is gigging frequently. These can truly save you so much time and frustration as you can easily risk breaking your laptop by just setting in a random spot of the stage every night.
DJ’s can also seriously benefit from laptop stands as their shows are primarily running from their laptops. Anyone who is serious about protecting their investments should consider some sort of stand.
Always keep a fan on your laptop while performing. If you don’t do this, your laptop can overheat and pretty much ruin the entire show. I’ve seen this happen and I’ve also had it happen to myself.
I hope this list provided you with the information you need for purchasing a stand for live music. I recommended these specific products because I know from touring what kind of stand works the best on stages.
It will be fun to see where stands are in the next couple of years and whether or not they start to come with laptop stands built-in. If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section and we will reply!